If you’re looking for a high-quality compressor which is available for a reasonable price, you’ll benefit from discovering the features of the California Air Tools 5510SE Ultra Quiet and Oil-Free 1.0-HP 5.5-Gallon Steel Tank Air Compressor. Today, we’d like to make your comparison-shopping easier by offering you a host of practical facts about this particular make and model.
What Does it Offer?
This compressor design features a pump which is oil-free. This feature is important as it ensures that the compressed air stays cleaner and promotes optimal tool operation. As well, this unit is known for being low-maintenance, which means that you won’t need to spend a lot of money taking care of it.
In terms of technical specifications, it offers 3.10 CFM at forty Psi, as well as 2.20 CFM at ninety Psi. In addition, it comes with a maximum pressure setting of 120 Psi. This air compressor also features larger-than-average dual pistons and a cylinder which is crafted from cast aluminum. Its cylinder rings are made from Teflon and its plate design features a dual valve. Also, the reed valves of this model are crafted from stainless steel for added durability.
This design is a part of a brand-new series of extremely quiet California Air Tools. They feature motors which make hardly any noise and offer better duty cycles for lengthier run times (continuous). Since this unit generates sixty decibels, it does provide the ultimate in quiet performance, it’s a pleasure to use and won’t contribute to noise-related hearing damage.
You’ll also be pleased to know that this product comes from an established and trusted brand. Produced by California Air Tools, the compressor has all of the quality that the brand is known for. California Air Tools is committed to innovation and it is renowned for producing quiet air compressors which are light in weight, free of oil and super-quiet.
When you choose this model, you’ll find that it comes with an engine that generates one horsepower and functions at sixteen hundred and eighty revolutions per minutes. This means performance which is gentle on all the inner components.
The tank which comes with the kit weighs in at forty-six pounds and its wheel kit ensures total portability. People who select this model tend to use it for tasks in the home or garage. The tank is fairly weighty on this model. However, this isn’t a bad thing, as it is very rugged and as we said, durable. It’s nice to have an air compressor tank which is durable enough to stand the test of time.
Since it is quiet and powerful enough to handle most tasks, it’s a practical choice for tasks around the house. Some owners also use it for commercial purposes, such as filling up car tires at service stations. It’s quite versatile and offers a lot of sensible features for a low to mid-range price.
The Good and the Bad
- A lot of people really believe in this model because it’s possible to use it in so many different ways. For example, if you want to, you may use it with your power tools in order to access even more functionality. It’s also pretty simple to learn how to use in terms of setting its gauge and refilling.
- Very reliable. It earns great reviews in general, so, clearly, many people do appreciate its pros and don’t find its cons too annoying.
- A lot of happy customers remarked that this unit is extremely easy to move from place to place and that they really appreciated its portability. Another commented that he’s able to do work on his car in the garage at night, using the California Air Tools 5510SE Air Compressor, without waking up anyone in the house. Naturally, he loved the quiet performance, as it frees him up to do work with the compressor whenever he feels like it.
- One customer found that his compressor’s engine became stuck when the tank was in need of refilling. He also remarked that the tank needs to be refilled quite a bit. To boost the odds of good performance, he recommended learning how to set the compressor’s gauge and knowing when to refill. Again, the Owner’s Manual will provide all of this important information.
- In terms of other cons, some people complained about the location of the gauges, as it’s not easy to scan them without getting down on the ground and checking them out close up. These gauges feature sideways mounting, which some people don’t appreciate at all. They would prefer to be able to check the gauges vertically, as it would just be easier for them.
Aside from these drawbacks, which aren’t too serious, this air compressor seems to function very well for almost everyone who buys it. It definitely earns strong reviews and rankings overall and has a strong, positive reputation. It also has a very affordable price point within most people’s financial reach.
Is This Model Right for You?
All in all we believe that this model does offer a lot of advantages, so we are pleased to recommend it. It’s portable, it’s powerful enough to suit most people’s needs, it’s affordably-priced and it’s loaded with practical features, including a sturdy tank and high-quality motor. If you want premium quality, without too many disadvantages, this is be the air compressor that you’ve been looking for.
Now is a great time to order the California Air Tools 5510SE via the Web. It’s affordably-priced at larger online retailers such as Amazon and free shipping may be available. Of course, this design will also be available at community-based retailers. Most people find that buying it online leads to cash savings, as online retailers have lower overhead and pass on the savings to their customers.
Owning your own air compressor will allow you to get things done without hiring a pro who does have an air compressor. So, why not treat yourself to today?